Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A letter to my future girlfriend




Hi girlfriend,

I know it's hard to understand why someone would be writing this letter to you (months/years) ahead. In fact, I am also very curious how you look like, what is your characters and have you entered into my circle of friends or still waiting for me to meet you?

Before we embark on this relationship, I like to let you know that you are special and I am ready to take you as a commitment and do my best effort to be your best/ideal boyfriend and then hubby. And I already have a end in mind, to put my surname over your name.

I went through a failed relationship in 2013. I was deeply hurt, so deep that I wanted to end my life. But I told myself that I should have faith in God that all these was within his plan. And there I decided to wait patiently for you to appear in my life. I also decided that I shall/should never lower my standard just because I wish to settle down early. Therefore,you are special and you have led me to trust and have faith and believe in love all over again.

I don't know what is my achievement when you see this letter. But let me share with you my intents.


  • I want you to be able to be proud of me either because I am already a successful (and prominent) businessman or/and a good boyfriend & husband. 
  • I want you to be able to quit your job and be the tai tai that some/most girls want. But, if you want to work, by all means (: 
  • I want you to live a carefree life without worrying the next meal on the table. 
  • I want you to be able to provide for your parent (using my income), and if your sibling/grand-parent requires our help, by all means go ahead. Your family will be my family too.
  • I want to be by your side for every Christmas.
  • I want to be by your side for every new year. We will have countdown together. 



Whatever it is, I just hope that you will walk with me till the last breathe. In return, I promise you that you be the only girl that I see in my eyes. Support me and the family and you have my words that I will make you the sweetest girl you could ever imagine.

  • If I ever work too hard and you felt neglected, talk to me. Tell me you need my attention and I will know what to do. 
  • If I ever travel for work so frequently, tell me to bring you along. 
  • If I ever speak hurtful words, tell me it hurts. Sometimes, out of anger I speak words that I don't mean at all (and often enough, regretted my action). 
  • If I ever kept any secret away from you, tell me that you need to know because you think it is important.
  • If I ever failed to keep my promise (because sometimes, I speak with a intent to please you), reminds me that I might have forgotten my promise to you. 
  • If you wants to manage the family finance, tell me and I will hand all my monthly salary to you to manage. 
  • If you need me to be there for an occasion or to spend at least a day out with you, tell me and I will push all my appointment away. 
  • If you need to have heart-to-heart talk with me to resolve any issue that you think it is, tell me, and I will stop whatever I'm busy with and give you the time.
  • If you have any dislike towards my habits (like playing computer games?), tell me. I will attempt to negotiate with you. And if you insist that I am wrong, I will sacrifice for you willing. (so long you are happy)
  • If you need to bite my shoulder, do it but make sure you give the area a kiss and I will keep quiet. 
  • If all the above fails, tell me that "this is a order from your queen" and I know this is serious enough to listen to you.


Whatever it is, please be direct and not giving out subtle hinting? Also be mature in your requests? Because you know I will listen to you. This you can have my promise.

I have also instructed my mum to share with you about my ex-girlfriend and how much pain I was in. Go ahead and ask her.

Those papers on my wall are reminders to myself to treat you better. If you think you have something to add, go ahead ya.

I just want to let you know from today onward (31st December 2013), I will be working extremely hard. Today we decided to invest another S$300,000 and this brings the total investment for this year to S$600,000 and S$100,000 for upcoming venture. Therefore, there is no option for failure. Yet I know if I could pull through this period, I should be by now be pretty comfortable with my income and you shall not worries about flat, wedding etc. I hope by the time you read this, you could enjoy the fruits of my labour. Yes! I am now working for you already ya (:


And lastly, I will love you with all my hearts. For this, I swear to God.

Thank you for accepting me and for being my girlfriend.

"I cant imagine living for the rest of my life without you by my side"

No comments: